Grape Stomping is one of the most popular events that visitors seek out during this time of year. Below are just two Napa Valley wineries that are offering these experiences daily at their winery. There are several more, check out calendar.
Grgich Vineyards is letting you “Get Your Grape Stomp On” any day of the week, 10am-4pm, no reservations required! Your experience includes stomping grapes, a tasting of three wines, and also a personal keepsake t-shirt of your grape-juice stained feet underneath the tag “I stomped at Grgich Hills”.
More Grape Stomp Experiences:
- Sterling Vineyard’s Annual Grape Stomp & BBQ on Sept 14th event is already sold out, but you can still visit the winery anytime between 10am-4:00pm, every day throughout September for a grape stomp experience. Only $10 per person and includes t-shirt and your own purple footprints to remember the occasion by.
- October 19, 2013 – Bourassa Vineyards Annual Grape Stomp
- Festivities include live music, sweet burgundy, a whole roasted pig, and of course, their famous grape stomp!
Napa Harvest Celebrations, Festivals, Parties:
- September 21, 2013 – Peju Winery Harvest Celebration “Rouge et Noir”
- Special selections from the cellar, bountiful meal, and dancing to live music under the stars.
- September 28, 2013 – Clif Family Winery Harvest Party
- Tour the Clif Family Winery property, stomp grapes, harvest vegetables, pair food with wine, sample olive oil and cheeses while enjoying an “organic” afternoon on the farm. Bring the entire family to this celebration.
- October 5, 2013 – V.Sattui Winery’s Crush Party
- Step behind the scenes of a real working winery and feel the passion and excitement of wine making while you join their staff in welcoming the new vintage.
- Learn about grape-growing, crushing, production, cork-making, barrel-building and more! Then, get your feet wet–and grapeskins between your toes–in a “roll-up-your-pants, no shoes-and-socks” grape stomp!
- October 13, 2013 – Merryvale Vineyards Harvest Party
- Taste the newest release of the 2010 Profile during an afternoon of wine, food, and entertainment featuring current releases, library wines, and a barrel sample of one of their upcoming vintages thieved directly from a French oak barrel.
- October 26, 2013 – Acacia Vineyards Harvest Party
- Enjoy tasty local bites, games, prizes and some amazing new releases. They will bottle a special Pinot Noir in honor of their 35th birthday!