By Lori Tolson of Vint Hill Craft Winery
We love fall; the colors, warm confort foods and the rich wines that accompany them. This recipe has been created specifically to accompany Vint Hll Craft Winery’s 2008 Cabernet Franc.
If you have visited the winery on Saturdays, you’ve probably met one of
our Vintners, Lori Tolson, helping out behind the bar. This recipe
comes from Lori with her compliments for the season.
- 1 lb. Stew meat, cubed
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped, peeled apples
- 3 cans (10 ½ oz.) beef broth
- 8 cups water
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups carrot, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 lb. Sweet Italian Sausage (cut in 1″ lengths)
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage (small to medium size)
Brown beef in oil in a Dutch oven. Add onion and apple and cook till apple is tender. Add broth, water and salt. Cover and simmer an hour. Add carrot, cabbage and sausage, bring to boil then reduce to simmer and cook an additional hour.