Mendocino Hotel & Garden Suites


The Mendocino Hotel & Garden Suites is located in the heart of the historic village of Mendocino. This full service hotel overlooks the Mendocino Headlands and the Pacific Ocean. It is the only remaining hotel from a time when Mendocino was a booming port for the logging trade. The original structure of the hotel dates back to 1878 and includes the lobby, the Lobby Bar, the Mendocino Hotel Restaurant, the kitchen and upstairs rooms.

In 1975, R.O. Peterson purchased the run-down hotel and retained a cadre of designers and local artisans and craftsmen to authentically restore it. Mr. Peterson gave the designers carte blanche to purchase as many period antiques as they felt were necessary to give the Hotel the right atmosphere. Approximately 90% of all the pieces date to the late 19th century. The remaining 10% items were commissioned specifically for the Hotel.

The Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites is a sanctuary for travelers looking for the tranquility of scenic California coast views and garden surroundings. An easy stroll will bring you to deserted beaches, specialty shops, world-class art galleries, museums and gourmet restaurants. The hotel offers 51 unique accommodations: 26 charming rooms in the Main Hotel and 25 additional rooms and suites in four separate cottages situated on two acres of lush gardens.

Spa services are provided in our spa which is situated in two acres of lush Victorian gardens. The Mendocino Hotel & Garden Suites Doll House Spa offers massages that nurture mind, body and spirit with luxurious treatments infused with natural ingredients made from the ocean and organic gardens. So whether you seek to relax, renew or reconnect, the Doll House Spa offers an array of services elevating relaxation to an art form.

You will enjoy the restful, relaxing and enchanting atmosphere of the Mendocino Hotel & Garden Suites for a romantic getaway, wedding, family gathering, or conference in Mendocino, California.


  • Hiking

  • Fireplaces

  • Views

  • Internet

  • Onsite Parking

  • Air Conditioning

  • Business Services

  • Handicap Accessible

  • Smoking Not Permitted on Property

  • Restaurant

  • Family Friendly

  • Spa Facilities

  • Private Balcony

  • AAA Rates

  • AARP Rates

  • Military Rates

  • Senior Rates

  • Meeting Facilities

  • Wedding Facilities

45080 Main Street, Mendocino CA 95460