Chef Carol Beazley, Beazley House Bed and Breakfast Inn
This recipe is a tasty blend of south of the border flavors and Inn-credibly delicious. A black and chili bean medley, sweet corn, seasoned tomatoes and chiles. All ingredients you may already have in your pantry. Easy to prepare ahead, making it a perfect recipe for entertaining family and friends, especially on Game Day!
Makes 2 pie plates or 16-20 small fluted ramekins.
Drain and mix the following ingredients together in a colander and set aside:
- 1 can Mexican style chili beans (drained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can corn (drained) optional
- 1 can diced Italian or fiesta blend tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can (7 ounce) Chopped Green Chili’s
In Large Bowl mix:
- 2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- (plus above ingredients)
In Blender mix:
- 16 eggs
- 1 Cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasonings
- (add to ingredients in bowl)
- 4 Tortillas cut into 8 triangles (2 triangles, one on bottom one on top for each small ramekin or arrange in a pinwheel shape on bottom and top of pie plate)
- Tomatoes sliced into rounds or 16 grape tomatoes cut in ½ for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup salsa for garnish (optional)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Spray pie pans or ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place half of the tortillas triangles on the bottom of each pan.
- Pour egg/cheese mixture on top of tortilla triangles.
- Place remaining tortilla triangles on top, moistening both sides.(Can be refrigerated over night)
- Spoon ½ tablespoon salsa on each serving or garnish each serving with fresh tomatoes before baking.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes @ 350 degrees. Cut into eight slices if applicable.
Serve with sour cream and salsa. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
—–About Beazley House Bed and Breakfast Inn
Napa’s first Bed and breakfast, Beazley House, has been operated and owned by Jim & Carol Beazley for 30 years and is the perfect location to explore wineries, vineyards, gourmet restaurants, outlet shopping and Napa’s picturesque Wine Country. Elegant yet comfortable guest rooms have private baths and garden views. This Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast has an secluded english garden, wonderful heart healthy breakfasts, nightly wine and cheese social hour, spa services, free wireless high speed Internet, HDTV’s, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and the best chocolate chip cookies!
More Details: www.beazleyhouse.com
Make Reservations: www.beazleyhouse.com/availability