Tasting Fee Budget for the Day:
$135 Per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
There are many wineries to visit that are right on Highway 29 or Silverado Trail in Napa Valley. What are you missing that may be hidden from the highway? Let’s find out. This adventurous day is perfect for when you initially arrive in Napa from San Francisco. The family-owned wineries will welcome you like a long lost cousin who may be thirsting for some wine. Your experiences for the day will run the gammat from vineyards to warehouses used for making wine and fun will be had at each stop!
Family-Owned Wineries Off the Beaten Path
, 190 Camino Oruga, #9, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 287-7557
- $30 Per Couple – Winemaker Tasting
- 10 AM – Allow One Hour
- Reservations Required
- Family Owned: Jason and Helen Holman started this micro winery and invite you to see their wine-making facility and join in the process. If you are here during harvest, help them sort. If you are here during bottling, lend a hand. Taste imported French wines and the Holman red wines along with cheese, chocolate and home-made bread. Intimate experience in the winery itself!
- Directions to Next Stop: next door is Bourassa
, 190 Camino Oruga, Suite 5, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 254-4922
Jamieson Ranch Winery
- $35 Per Couple – VIP Tasting Plus!
- 2 for 1 offer on wine tasting fees with WineCountry.com mobile App. Tasting fees waived with purchase of 2 bottles per person.
- 11 AM – Allow 45 minutes
- Reservation Required
- Family Owned: Sample current wines and those in the barrel in the private reserve room with Vic Bourassa and his staff. Complimentary crackers and bottled water are just the beginning of this overall educational experience that explains the wine-making process, the significance of oak, and the cork.
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 5 minutes) R on Camino Oruga, R onto Camino Dorado and R on N. Kelly Rd for .6 mi., L on CA 12 East for 1.1 mi., L onto Kirland Ranch Road for Jamieson Ranch Winery
, 1 Kirkland Ranch Road, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 254-8673
The Hess Collection Winery
- $25 Per Couple – Artisan Wine & Cheese
- Tasting is 2 for 1 with WineCountry.com Mobile App (regularly $25 per person)
- 12 PM Allow 1.5 Hours
- No Reservations Required
- Family Owned: This majestic western mountain lodge has hospitality, views and a chef! The cheese pairing is an eye-popping experience. Ask about other offerings. Make a lunch of it.
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 25 minutes) R on CA 12 West adn R on CA Hwy 29 for 8.5 miles. Exit on Redwood Rd./Trancas and Turn L on Redwood Rd for 4.5 mi., Turn L to stay on Redwood Rd for 1.3 mi., Follow signs to Hess Collection
, 4411 Redwood Road, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 255-1144
- $10 Per Couple- Wine Tasting and Self Guided Tour of the Art Museum!
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
2 for 1 offer on wine tasting fees with WineCountry.com mobile App.
- 2:30AM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required for the Private Tour and Tasting
- Family-Owned: Donald Hess acquires his first land on Mount Veeder in Napa Valley and completed purchase of 900 acres in 1982. Over 600 acres is set aside for wild life corridors, fish friendly farming practices and biodiversity. Hess Collection utilizes sustainable farming practices.
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email email@example.com. Thank you. Last reviewed 4/18/2014. Copyright WineCountry.com.
- Casual: Bosko’s Trattoria, (707) 942-9088, Calistoga, CA
- Make Reservations for: Cuvee, (707) 224-2330, Napa, CA