HOW TO HELP
With more than 25,000 people evacuated and displaced and 5,700+ homes and buildings destroyed, the Wine Country needs your support! Find out all the ways YOU CAN DONATE SUPPLIES, MONEY, OR VOLUNTEER
COMMUNICATION & TRAVEL ALERTS
In Napa Valley, all road closures-evacuations remain. Sheriff escorts into evacuated areas will be done from Nob Hill lot. Critical needs only, expect delays. Law enforcement resources will be running operations out of that parking lot. No access or escorts from any other areas.
- To file missing persons report, call the Sonoma County Fire and Emergency Services Department at (707) 565-3856.
- Sonoma County Information Hotline: (707) 565-3856
- Text any Sonoma County zipcode to 888-777 to Receive Nixle Public Safety Alerts for your area.
- Cell service in both counties are still limited. If you can find WiFi, please register on safeandwell.org or social media sites such as Facebook so friends and family can check that you are safe.
- Animals: Call Sonoma County Animal Services at 707-565-7100 if you need shelter for large animals. A number of local animal shelters are accepting small pets and large animals can be taken to Santa Rosa Fairgrounds, Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds, and the Cloverdale Citrus Fair.
EMERGENCY TRAVEL ALERTS For any that have travel plans to Wine Country in Northern California in the coming days or weeks, please be advised that some businesses may be closed due to the wildfires still burning. Click Here to see which Napa Valley businesses are closed or open. More alerts below:
- City of Calistoga
Recently the mandated evacuation order for Calistoga was lifted (as of October 15, 2017 at 2:00 pm). If you have any upcoming reservations or travel plans to Calistoga this week and coming weeks, please call ahead to confirm the business in the town of Calistoga is open and receiving guests.
EVACUATION ALERTS & CENTERS, RELOCATION CENTERS, HOUSING UPDATES
Stay up to date with the latest information on mandatory evacuation alerts/advisories, open evacuation centers and businesses providing housing and relocation services.
LIFTED EVACUATION ALERTS
- City of Calistoga
The Evacuation order has been lifted, effective October 15th, 2:00 pm by CALFIRE. This notice applies to residents of Calistoga within the City limits Only (Calistoga residents living within the County will need to await further direction from the County of Napa). Note: You may only enter the city via Silverado Trail or via SR 29. All other routes (128 East of Bennett Lane, SR 29 from Lake County at Tubbs Lane, Petrified Forest Road) all remain closed). For more information, click here.
ADVISORY EVACUATION ALERTS
SONOMA: CalFire has just issued an alert advising residents living in Boyes Hot Springs and the North side of Sonoma (this area includes: Arnold Drive from Madrone, South to Petaluma Avenue and East to E. Napa and Lovall Valley Road) to be prepared in case Mandatory Evacuation order is issue.
LAKE COUNTY: The Lake County Sheriff’s Office has issued an ADVISORY EVACUATION notice for the Lake Pillsbury Basin area because of the Redwood/Potter fires in Mendocino County. Residents should only use Elk Mountain Road while leaving the area.
HEALDSBURG: Certain areas of Healdsburg were advised Wednesday afternoon to be ready to evacuate from the Sonoma County wildfires should the need arise. Residents on Fitch Mountain (east of the golf course and Revel Road), Rivers Bend and Bailache Avenue (from Rio Lindo to Healdsburg and all spur roads) should pack a bag and a locate their pets.
NAPA COUNTY MANDATORY EVACUATION ALERT!
- South Monticello Park, Silverado Country Club, Hardman/McKinley/Estee Ave, Circle Oaks, Buhman, Wild Horse Valley Rd, Silverado Tr from Trancas to SR128, SR128 to Moskowite Corners.
SONOMA COUNTY MANDATORY EVACUATION ALERTS:
- Agua Caliente: Moon Mountain Road, Mission Way, London Way, Martin Road, Cavedale Road, Adobe Way
- Annadel Heights: Bordered north by Parktrail Drive and west by Summerfield Road
- Bennett Valley: Bennett Ridge Road, Sonoma Mountain Road, Enterprise Road
- Cloverdale: Cloverdale KOA, Palomino Road
- Eastern Sonoma Valley
- Eldridge: Sonoma Developmental Center
- Geyserville: Nutter Road, Sellers Road, River Road, Fay Ranch Road, Ridge Oaks Road, Fox Ridge Road, Vineyard Road, Woodridge Road, Deerpath Drive, Ram Hill Road, Rockmouth Road, Colony Road, Lakewood Lane, Highway 128 – Every residence between 1922 Hwy 128 and the Russian River, Vanoni Road to Gill Creek, all directions, Highway 128 east to River Rock Casino. South on 128 to Geysers Road up to Cal Pine.
- Glen Ellen: Arnold Drive at State hospital in between Madrone Road and Warm Springs Road, West of Jack London State Park, All of Glen Ellen, Enterprise Road, Wall Road – North of Trinity Road, Cavedale Road
- Knights Valley: Porter Creek Road, Petrified Forest Road, Ida Clayton Road – from Highway 128 to the county line
- Larkfield: Faught Road – near Shiloh Regional Park, Montebello Road, Frederick Ranch Road
- Rincon Valley: Rincon Valley – North of Montecito Blvd from Brush Creek Road to eastern city limits at Calistoga Road
- Rohnert Park: Roberts Road, Lichau Road, Pressley Road, Sonoma Mountain Road
- Sonoma Valley: Mission Highland, Norrbom Road, Gehricke Road
- Windsor: Shiloh Ranch Estates, Castle Road north of Lovall Valley Road, 7th Street East north of Lovall Valley Road
HOUSING The following hotels and businesses are offering special and discount rates to those impacted by the wildfires:
- AirB&B: FREE HOUSING is being offered to displaced neighbors affected by the Northern California Wildfires and relief workers deployed to help.
- Westin St. Francis (335 Powell St. San Francisco) is offering a deeply discounted $99 rate for any North Bay evacuees; pets are welcome. To Book: Call 415-397-7000 and ask for the manager on duty and mention you’re displaced because of the fires. Guests must show ID with their home address at check in.
- Stanford Court Hotel (905 California St, San Francisco): Offering a $149 rate tonight only; To Book: Call 415-989-3500 (offered by Michael Baier, Area Managing Director)
- Clift Hotel – Morgans Hotel Group (495 Geary St, San Francisco): There are 20 rooms available at $99 tonight with free parking and breakfast. To book: Call 415-775-4700 (offered by Michael Pace, Area General Manager, West Coast)
- The Kimpton Buchanan (1800 Sutter St, San Francisco): 5 rooms available Tuesday, October 10th for one night at $150+tax. Pets are welcome at no additional charge. On-site parking is $38+tax additional per overnight. To book: Call 415.921.4000 from 9:30-4:30 and ask for Jasmine, the reservation host.
- Monterey Tides Hotel – A Joie de Vivre Hotel (600 Sand Dunes Dr, Monterey): 15 rooms are available for $119 with waived resort fee for Tuesday through Friday evening and again Sunday – Thursday next week as well. To Book: Call 831-394-3321 (offered by Heidi Bettencourt, Director of Sales & Marketing)
List of Open Sonoma County Shelters
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds, 1350 Bennet Valley Road, Santa Rosa
- Finley Community Center, 2060 West College Ave., Santa Rosa (at capacity)
- Santa Rosa Veterans Building, 1351 Maple Ave., Santa Rosa (at capacity)
- Petaluma Community Center, 320 North McDowell Blvd., Petaluma (at capacity)
- Sebastopol Community Center, 390 Morris St., Sebastopol
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair, 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale
- Sonoma Valley High School, 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
- Analy High School Gym, 6950 Analy Ave., Sebastopol
- Elsie Allen High School, 599 Bellevue Ave., Santa Rosa (at capacity)
- Healdsburg Community Center, 1157 Healdsburg Ave., Healdsburg
- Church of Christ, 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
- New Life Church, 1310 Clegg St., Petaluma
- Cook Middle School, 2480 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa
- Guerneville Veterans Hall, 16255 First St., Guerneville
- Monte Rio School, 20700 Foothill Drive, Monte Rio
- Windsor High School, 8695 Windsor Road, Windsor
- Casa Grande High School, 3333 Casa Grande Road, Petaluma
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair, 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale – sheltering people and animals
- Petaluma Church of Christ, 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway
- Petaluma New Life Church, 1310 Clegg St.
- Victory Outreach Church 4042 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa (at capacity)
- Adobe Christian Church, 2875 Old Adobe Road, Petaluma
- Burton Recreation Center, 7421 Burton Ave., Rohnert Park
- Calvary Chapel of Petaluma, 1955 S. McDowell Blvd., Petaluma
- Lawrence Cook Middle School, 2480 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa
- Petaluma Veterans Memorial Hall, 1094 Petaluma Blvd. S, Petaluma
- Sally Tomatoes, 1100 Valley House Drive, Rohnert Park
- Sonoma-Marin Fair, 175 Fairgrounds Drive, Petaluma
List of Open Napa Valley Shelters
- American Canyon High School, 3000 Newell Drive, American Canyon
- Napa Valley College Gym: 2277 Napa Vallejo Highway, Napa
- Calistoga Fairgrounds: 1435 N. Oak St., Calistoga
- Crosswalk Community Church: 2590 First St., Napa
- Napa Valley Junior College: 2277 Napa Vallejo Hwy, Napa
- Solano Community College Library Parking Lot: 4000 Suisun Valley Rd., Fairfield
- Napa County Animal Shelter: Hartle Ct, Napa
ROAD & TRANSPORTATION CLOSURES
Newest Road Closures
- Closures in Solano County: Mankas Corner at Suisun Valley Road, Mankas Corner at Abernathy Road, Rockville Road West of Suisun Valley Road, and Green Valley Road East of Eastridge Rd.
- Hwy 121 NB at CA-37/Sonoma Raceway
- South Of Sonoma on Hwy 12 Both EB/WB between Watmaugh Rd and CA-121/Carneros Hwy
- East of Napa on Hwy 121 Both NB/SB between Vichy Ave and Wooden Valley Rd.
- Hwy 128 Both EB/WB between Tubbs Lane and Chalk Hill Road
- North of Calistoga on Hwy 29 NB between Tubbs Lane and after Lake / Napa County Line
- Both directions of Hwy 29, North of Calistoga to Lake County at Lawley Road
- Dry Creek Road Both NB/SB between Orchard Avenue and Oakville Avenue
- Mark West Springs Rd Both NB/SB at US-101 and Leslie Rd, Santa Rosa
- Silverado Trl Both NB/SB between Trancas St and Oakville Cross Rd
- Both directions between Watmaugh and Shainsky Rd, Bennett Valley, Benett Ridge Road, Sonmoa Mount Roads closed
Napa County Road Closures
- SR121 at Atlas Peak Rd.
- SR121 at Wooden Peak
- SR121 at SR128
- SR128 at Berryessa Knoxville Rd.
- SR128 at Silverado Tr.
- Silverado Trail at Oakville
- Silverado Trail at Skellenger
- Silverado Trail at Trancas
- Silverado Trail at Sage Canyon
- Silverado Trail at Rutherford
- Yountville at Finnel
- Knoxville Rd at Turtle Rock
- Moskowite Corners
- Wooden Valley at Monticello
- Hagen at First
- Coombsville at 2nd Ave
- Coombsville at 3rd Ave
- Coombsville at 4th Ave
- Wild Horse Valley at Green Valley Rd
Sonoma County Road Closures
- Mark West Springs Road at Mark West Springs
- Watmaugh Road at Sonoma
- Old Redwood Highway at Mark West Springs
- Calistoga Road at Rincon Valley
- Arnold Drive at Agua Caliente
- Northbound/Southbound 101 from Steele Ln to Airport Blvd
- 6100 Labath Ave
Flight Cancellations for Sonoma County-Schultz Airport
- Alaska Airlines nonstop flights to LAX, San Diego, Orange County, Portland, Seattle
- 1/3 of United Airlines flights to San Francisco including 6 a.m. flights
- 1/2 of American Airlines flights to Phoenix-Sky harbor including early flights
- Depending on smoke and visibility, entire day’s flights could be cancelled too
Bus Service Cancellations
- Golden Gate bus service from Piner Road Tuesday, October 10. There will be limited departures from the Santa Rosa transit mall.
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds – Accepting people with both small and large animals. Large animals should be brought into the Fairgrounds through Gate 7 off of Aston Ave. Those seeking shelter with small animals may come to the Fairgrounds by parking in the Brookwood parking lot and walking across through the Brookwood gates.
- Donate to Petaluma Animal Services Foundation – Need monetary donations for fuel and vet bills
See real time twitter updates at: @sonoma @napavalley @winecountry
Other links and videos: