Let these GIFs say “Cheers to 2017”!
1.When you preemptively hide your phone from yourself, knowing the holidays are coming
Because wine and exes don’t mix well
If you need a serious break, consider any of these excellent spas to relax and unwind
from the late night don’t-do-it phone calls.
2. When your out-of-town cousin brings a bottle of your favorite Cab
Sometimes your family knows you best.
Maybe mention beforehand how much you love Louis Martini
. Hint, hint.
3. When no one can taste the difference between your California Cabernet and the $8 bottle your mother brought
Keep calm and sip on.
Make a real impression with a HALL cab
. Everyone will notice.
4. When your main goal is to not be THAT Uncle
Keep it classy.
Get ahead of yourself and opt for a low pH and low alcohol level (under 15%), like the award-winning Jana Cathedral Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
5. When someone gifts you another cheap knockoff wine opener
Or faux-Riedel glass. Or cheap cork topper.
Just send everyone this list for holiday gift inspiration
6. When you select the dinner pairing and everyone looks to you for flavor notes
Hints of cinnamon, family tension and inevitable hangover.
Do the research beforehand with our handy guide from last month’s
important family dinner.
7. When you have one too many glasses of Pinot before the religious services
Turn wine into water and take a seat.
Go with one glass of water to every glass of wine to avoid the awkward outbursts.
8. When a family member asks what you’re doing with your life. Or why you’re still single
Smile, nod, shrug.
Escape the madness at any of these exquisite wineries with private club member lounges
9. When you know there’s only one more glass in the bottle of Ridge Monte Bello
Take it. You earned it.
Take a trip to Ridge’s Lytton Springs
to stock up, just in case.
10. When grandma is in town and promptly begins pouring at 4:00
Respect your elders.
Grandma’s favorite is usually Mondavi. Can’t go wrong with Chardonnay
11. When your sister proudly claims that she only drinks Rosé
Offer her a spritzer… or a trip to Napa.
Educate the wine novices in your family with some of these fantastic wine visits
12. When you forget that Port is about 20% alcohol
Make it a special occasion with Prager’s Port
based in St. Helena.
13. When you spend the day last-minute gift shopping
Go ahead and take bubbles to bubbles.
Decompress and splurge on a limited edition 2016 holiday bottle of Chandon Brut Classic
with a label designed by Rebecca Minkoff.
14. When you finally open that Riesling you’ve been saving for a year
Special occasion, indeed!
Go with the Trefethen limited edition Late Harvest Riesling
for a true treat with dessert.
15. When the cheese plate comes
THIS is why there are dinner courses!
Don’t leave it to your grocery store, make your cheese plate perfect with these wine country favorites
16. When the champagne is flowing and there’s enough for everyone
Who needs a flute?
Grab a bottle of Mumm Napa
to save just for yourself.
17. When everyone at the table complements the Pinot you picked out
You’re a club member for a reason.
Get prepared early for praise and sign up for any of these excellent wine clubs
Bio: Tiffany Bukowski
is a Northern California native and specializes in brand marketing in San Francisco. She enjoys red blends, fancy cheese boards, and talking with her hands.