Spring can only mean one thing in wine country, new releases! The event schedule is heating up and there is no better way to experience most all the wines within a region than through a special tasting. Mark your calendars and get ready to hit the road for some key tasting adventures throughout wine country this Spring.1. Napa Valley Mustard Festival: Celebrate the beautiful mustard season in Napa Valley. Taste artisan made mustards, specialty foods and Napa wines at The Marketplace, the Napa Valley Mustard Festival’s Signature Event, at COPIA: The American Center for Wine, Food & the Arts. Get tickets online now for the weekend’s events, March 17-18. Need a place to stay for the weekend? Check out the luxurious Exclusive Experience package with Vintage Inn, just down the road in Yountville.
2. Sonoma Valley Barrel Tasting Weekend: Fall in love with the wine, in the heart of Sonoma Valley. The weekend of March 17-18 get a chance to taste new releases and not yet released barrel samples! Plus nibble on gourmet food pairings prepared by local chefs and restaurants. Tickets are just $55 for the weekend, call toll free at 866-794-9463.
3. Paso Robles Zin Festival: One of the most comprehensive regional Zinfandel events in California. The annual weekend is a collection of events including tastings, dinners, silent auctions, open houses at the award-winning Paso Robles wineries, and A Celebration of Zinfandel, a grand tasting and auction. Call (805) 239.8463 for your tickets March 16-18 and mention WineCountry.com! Want to escape for the whole weekend? Stay with the Paso Robles Inn and Hot Springs, featured on WineCountry.com.
4. Dundee Hills, Oregon Passport: Close to 20 premium wineries invite you to visit and enjoy the benchmark wines of this exciting new appellation. Expand your Pinot Noir palette with these hot wineries. Taste exceptional wines and learn from experts about our unique climate, soil, geology, and farming practices, all weekend long March 17-18. Call (503) 864.2700 for your tickets and mention WineCountry.com. More details on Oregon wine country here!
5. Sonoma Valley Film Festival & Wine Events: Uncork the experience for fabulous films, food and wine. The 10th Annual Sonoma Valley Film Festival will feature food & wine tastings before every film screening, lively receptions, hot parties and casual mingling with emerging filmmakers, film stars, star winemakers and celebrity chefs. View the slide show of the event and buy tickets online now. Need a place to stay? Book your Exclusive Experience package, including festival passes, now on WineCountry.com
6. Annual Vintners’ Festival, Santa Barbara: The 25th annual Santa Barbara County Vintners’ Festival attracts wine lovers to meet member vintners, taste their wines, and enjoy great food and music in a festive outdoor environment. A region known for beautiful pinot noir and infamous from the movie Sideways. Spend a memorable weekend getting to know the beauty of the Santa Barbara landscape and their wines. Event day is April 21. Call (805) 688.0881 for ticket details and mention WineCountry.com. More details on Santa Barbara wine country right here. Read more
7. Stag’s Leap World Class Cabernet: The Stags Leap District Winegrowers Association celebrates its 7th year of Vineyard to Vintner: “On the Trail of World-Class Cabernet.” With over a dozen winery open houses, a unique sensory seminar and a sumptuous alfresco feast, this will be a day to remember on April 28 only. Call for your tickets to this premium cabernet tasting at 707-255-1720 and mention WineCountry.com.
8. Pinnacles Wine Festival, Monterey: Meet the winemakers now producing exceptional wines from the Chalone Appellation. World-famous Monterey County chefs will be pairing light hors d’oeuvres. Hosted by the Inn at the Pinnacles on April 28th. Call for your tickets, only $40 prior to March 15, to this insider event at 831-678-2400 and mention WineCountry.com. More details on Monterey County wine country here.
9. James River Wine Festival, Virginia: The
popular and famous 16th Annual James River Wine Festival is this April 28-29
Enjoy fine wines from 25 of the region’s best and entertainment at the Innsbrook
Pavillion, Richmond, VA. Call (804) 353.1525 for your tickets and mention
More details on Virginia wine country online!
10.Hopland, Mendocino Passport Weekend: Taste a great range of outstanding red wines – from Zins to Syrahs to Doclettos and Barberas – in the warm, inland region of Mendocino – Hopland! The Passport weekend provides tasting access to all their wineries plus live music, bocce ball, barrel tasting, barbeques, reserve and future tastings and much more. Only $30, all-inclusive, for a fabulous wine weekend May 5-6. Call 1.800.433.3689 and mention WineCountry.com. Need to know a place to stay? Check out these preferred places nearby. Read More