Secret Horseback Ride & Picnic
3 hours The Ranch at Lake Sonoma , CA
What to expect
Get ready to hit the trail for an unforgettable horseback adventure through Sonoma County’s stunning landscapes! Kick off your journey on the Southlake Trail, where rocky paths give way to lush meadows and a breathtaking oak, madrone, and bay forest. Navigate through hilly terrains, creek crossings, and cliffside trails to discover a hidden vista all our own. There, you’ll savor a gourmet picnic lunch with panoramic views of Lake Sonoma. The ride back features exclusive trails offering vistas unseen by any other park visitor. Cap off the experience in a majestic barn, crafted from a single 800-year-old redwood, where you’ll toast with Dry Creek Valley wine or a refreshing beer from a local brewery. Read more
Experience crafted by The Ranch at Lake Sonoma
A wilderness experience on horseback wandering through Sonoma Wine Country’s largest 17,000-acre park.
The Ranch at Lake Sonoma is a unique property, offering scenic horseback tours overlooking Lake Sonoma and Dry Creek Valley. Located 15 minutes from downtown Healdsburg, the Ranch has developed diverse types of rides that appeal to thrill seekers and first-time horse riders alike. Using the trail riding team brought directly from Camp Mather, Yosemite, those visiting Sonoma County have the opportunity to experience the rugged beauty of the area via horseback.
What you need to know
- Limited to guests 12 years old or older
- For safety reasons, all guests must be in good physical condition and able to control the horse on the trail.
- Participants must be able to start, stop, and turn the horse as well as get on and off in the case of an emergency.
- Each guest must be under 225 lbs
- A legal guardian must be present to sign a waiver for minors under 18. Please ask for an e-mailed form and bring the signed form with you if the legal guardian will not be at the ride.
- You cannot bring bags, backpacks, purses, water bottles, or canteens on the ride.
- Close toed shoes and pants required, layers are recommended.
- Helmets and water bottle provided.
- Cell service can be inconsistent out on the trail.
- Arrive early and plan to stay a little later to enjoy the full beauty of the property.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Rides may be canceled due to inclement weather, dangerous trail conditions, etc., in which case the guest will receive a refund. Cancellations by guests must be received within 48 hours to receive a refund (minus fees*). If the cancellation is within 48 hours of the booking date the guest will be charged the full amount.